Shrivenham based cycle mechanic, Lew Lawton, will be providing cycle safety check on Sat 6th June between 8.30 AM and 12 Midday. The bike checks will be carried out on the Car Park at the Junction of Highworth Road and Martens Road. In line with guidance from the Association of Cycle Traders the checks will be conducted as follows:
- You must book a 10 min slot in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS messaging 07387 269 456
- One bike per 10 min slot, no more than two bikes per person
- Your bike must be clean, it doesn’t need to be spotless, but most of mud and dirt should be removed. Clean the handlebars, frame and saddle with warm soapy water and then rinse off.
- Do not arrive too early for your allocated slot. There will be a rack to place your bike in.
- Observe 2 metre Social Distancing from the mechanic and others whilst waiting for your bike to be checked.
- You will be given a check sheet which tells you about the condition of your bike. The check will highlight any safety issues which need rectification and any other issue which may need attention. You can arrange for work to be done at a later date with any reputable bike repairer, including Lew.
- Please leave the check area as quickly as possible once your bike has been checked.
- Although the checks are donations to Macmillan Cancer Support would be appreciated. This may be done in cash, by card or visiting justgiving.com/lewis-lawton4